If you are dissatisfied with the Sex Offender Registry Board decision you can appeal to a judge of the Superior Court under a special section of the Massachusetts General laws. This is typically called an agency appeal.

If unsuccessful in the superior court, the petitioner can appeal into the Massachusetts appellate courts. Our appellate courts includes the Supreme Judicial Court, the state's highest court, and the Massachusetts Appeals Court.

An appeal is different from any agency hearing since the court will only consider questions of law. It will be necessary to file a brief or memorandum of law which will set out the petitioner’s claims and request relief. The matter will be decided and a written decision will be issued.

Call Attorney Erickson for a free consultation about your Sex Offense Registry Board decision.

Free Consultation
Contact Form